Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SRUAHPERD Convention- "MinI-Convention"

The spring semester is always a very hectic and busy time for both students and professors at every university and in every major. However, at Slippery Rock University it is an especially chaotic time for Health and Physical Education majors. This is partially because of the SRUAHPERD Convention which is also known as "Mini-Convention." This year Mini-Convention will be Wednesday, April 21st from 8am-3pm. The SRUAHPERD Convention is the only convention in Pennsylvania that is ran and sponsored by students rather than professionals. Also, this year is the 40th anniversary of the SRUAHPERD Convention and the theme for the convention this year is, "Stepping Into the Future." In order for the SRUAHPERD Convention to run smoothy every year many student volunteers are needed. Most of the planning is done by the PETE Club Executive Board, however, the committee leaders and committee members are also a big part of the planning process also. The SRUAHPERD Convention registration fee is only ten dollars for a professional and five dollars for a student. To register online or to learn more about Mini-Convention you can go online to: http://www.sru.edu/pages/15496.asp

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to mini-convention this year.I can actually go to a lot of the speakers this year with my schedule. I think it is great that we hold a convention for the local area. It is a great opportunity for local teachers to continue learning and an excellent experience for us students to gain professional experience. I am greatly looking forward to hearing the keynote speaker Dave Schmidt. I had him as a physical educator in high school. He is an amazing teacher that helped me find my passion for this field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also looking forward to mini-convention this year. There is always a lot of effort and work put into making this day flow smoothly and with success. I think the theme for this year is a good idea. I hope that the agenda for the day will be out soon so the students can try to plan their day accordingly to attend certain presentations. I am voluntering to register our guests through out the day. Mini-convention is a fun day to learn a lot and miss your classes and I think it will be a hit again this year.

    ReplyDelete